Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What a way to start the day...

This morning as we were getting ready for our day, Tess comes running over to me and says, "Mommy, Abby has something in her hand."  I don't think to much of it and ask her, "Well, what does she have?"  Tess replies, "A bug Mommy." So I get up and go over to where they are playing all the while thinking, what kind of bug could she possibly have?  an ant, a little roly poly, what?  I'm kind of hesitant to look because I'm not a big fan of bugs.  I pick Abby up and just kind of quickly swipe at her hands trying not to think about what I might be touching.  Finally, she completely opens her hand and I glance down at the floor.  She had picked up and squished a gigantic cricket!  It was so gross.  I still feel all wiggly when I think about it.  I still can't figure out how she caught it, those things are fast!

1 comment: