Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tried and true...

I love this meal!  I have made it many many times and each time I fall in love with it all over again.  I have recently begun making it as a dinner to take over to friends who have recently given birth.  Each time I have made it, the mom has requested the recipe.  So here it is for all you new moms out there!

Enjoy!

Leftovers Pasta

1 lb pasta
1 cup ham
1 cup Andouille sausage
1 cup corn
1 cup peas
1 pint heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan
1/4 cup asiago
2 tablespoons garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 tablespoons salted butter
1 teaspoon oregano flakes
1 teaspoon basil flakes
salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste

Heat large pot with salted water for pasta, but don't add the pasta yet. 

In a large frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil and saute ham and sausage for 2-3 minutes. 

Add 2 tablespoons butter and melt.  Add peas, corn, garlic, basil, oregano, and a few heavy pinches of salt and pepper.  Saute for another 2-3 minutes.

Add cream and remaining 2 tablespoons butter, stir well and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. 

Finally add cheeses and simmer for a few more minutes.  Add garlic salt and pepper to taste.  Reduce heat to low and cover while you cook the pasta. 

Cook's Notes:

I usually make it without the peas and corn because my husband can't stand them.  It is delicious either way.  Also, sometimes I omit the butter and double the cream.  I love the extra sauce and in my head it equals out (well not really but it's a start).  Lastly, I have never used Andouille sausage.  I usually use mild italian sausage instead or just double the ham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment